Accessible Passenger Car Interior Design for the Polar Bear Express Fleet of ONR
Car arrangement layout, design and preparation of manufacturing and installation drawings for a new accessible passenger car interior.
The work started with the preliminary concept studies and refurbishment budget estimates and completed with the production of shop manufacturing drawings, system test procedures and the maintenance manuals.
The work consisted in creating a CTA compliant accessible car version of the new interior design developed by SYSTRA Canada (formerly CANARAIL) for the Polar Bear Express fleet of ONR. It included:
- New Interior – high and cove ceilings, wall paneling, ply metal floor, floor coverings at the accessible toilet end;
- Compliance to latest TC and CTA requirements;
- Addition of roof openings for access to HVAC equipments;
- New ceiling structures and finishing;
- New electrical box and wiring;
- New lighting and emergency lighting system;
- New electrical schematic and conduit arrangement;
- New seats with electrical outlets in compliance with 8-g norms;
- New accessible toilet room and retention reservoir;
- New HVAC system;
- Improvements of protection system against snow infiltration;
- AQ support for the APTA compliance of new seats;
- Parcel rack modifications;
- Detailed test procedures for new systems.