Bloom Lake (QIO) – 16 MTPA Expansion Project
QIO (Quebec Iron Ore – Champion Iron) appointed SYSTRA Canada to conduct a pre-feasibility study (FEL-2).
This study aims to identify the infrastructure and operational changes required to increase the capacity of the 457 km Bloom Lake to Pointe-Noire (Sept-Îles terminal) railway in Quebec, Canada. The goal was to reach a target of 16 MTPA in a multi-operator and multi-user context.
SYSTRA Canada’s study included the following key components:
- Rail Line Capacity Assessment (Operation Simulations);
- Identification and conceptual design of required infrastructure packages;
- Operational Assessment Report;
- Implementation Strategy Report;
- Cost-benefit analysis and CAPEX/OPEX Estimates for all options considered.