Boké Railway – Multi-User Expansion Project
SYSTRA Canada (formerly CANARAIL) is responsible for performing the engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) of the main line expansion on the Boké Railway (Chemin de fer Boké – CFB) to accommodate transport of bauxite for two additional mining companies requiring a capacity expansion from 18 to 51 MTPA.
SYSTRA Canada’s scope of work for this mandate includes:
- Engineering – feasibility through detailed design for:
- Expansion of line capacity by adding 33 km of second track;
- Track rehabilitation work on the existing line;
- New signalling system;
- Expanded locomotive maintenance facilities.
- Procurement services: Contract management and steering of all purchases required for the project, including identification of contractors/suppliers, preparation of tender documents, management of the bidding process, clarification and negotiation with bidders and recommendation of award of contract;
- Construction management: Supervision, coordination of the work amongst various contracts, quality assurance, and certification and reception of the completed works on behalf of the Client;
- Project Management: Risk, budget and schedule monitoring to assist the Client in ensuring that the objectives of the project are achieved in terms of providing the planned additional transport capacity on schedule and within the allocated project budget.