Capacity Assessment Study
Assessment of the ore transport capacity of the Société ferroviaire et portuaire de Pointe-Noire.
SYSTRA Canada was mandated by the SFPPN to carry out a time and movement study of iron ore transport operations for its clients MFQ and Tacora, using discrete event modelling.
- Identify different operating modes for the transport operations of the two mining companies;
- Calculate the theoretical capacity of each mode of operation;
- Develop a dynamic model of the railway infrastructure and train movements;
- Perform simulations for each operating mode option and with different car fleets;
- Recommend ways to improve cycle time.