Metrolinx’s Scarborough and Yonge North Subway Extensions - Delivery Partner
Metrolinx, in partnership with Infrastructure Ontario (“IO”), is currently working to advance the delivery of four Subway transit projects.
These projects include:
1. Yonge North Subway Extension – This project will extend the TTC’s Line 1 subway (located in City of Toronto) by 8 km north from Finch Station into York Region. The extension will offer connections to as many as six major existing and future transit lines and will make it faster and easier for more people to travel between York Region and downtown Toronto while cutting down on traffic congestion and pollution.
2. Eglinton Crosstown West Extension – Eglinton Crosstown West Extension will extend the Crosstown LRT another 9.2 km farther west in City of Toronto, from the future Mount Dennis Station to Renforth Drive; There will be 7 stops along the extension offering convenient links to other destinations throughout the region – UP Express and Kitchener Line GO Train service at Mount Dennis, TTC bus services at all transit stops in Toronto, and MiWay and GO Bus services via the Mississauga Transitway at Renforth Drive.
3. Scarborough Subway Extension – This extension of subway line will be about 8 km long with a threestop continuation of the existing TTC’s Bloor Danforth Line 2 from the existing terminal at Kennedy Station. The Project will feature connections to other modes of transit – local TTC bus services, regional GO bus lines, the future Durham Region Transit BRT line, and the Eglinton Crosstown LRT.
4. Ontario Line – This new transit line in the City of Toronto (the “City”) will have about 15.6 km length with a northern terminus located near the intersection of Eglinton Avenue and Don Mills Road where it would connect with the Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit line. The Project’s southern terminus will be at or near Exhibition Place and Ontario Place (“Exhibition/Ontario Place Station”) along the City’s waterfront.
Metrolinx requires a Delivery Partner to support their Integrated Project Deliver Team (IPDT) to deliver the following Subway projects:
- Yonge North Subway Extension;
- Scarborough Subway Extension.