Newton and Metrobus Centres Electrification
The Réseau de transport de la Capitale (RTC) requested tenders for the supply of professional services for the production of functional and technical programs and pre-concepts, within the framework of the major renovation projects of the Newton Centre and the Metrobus Centre.
In order to meet a growing demand for service, the RTC plans to significantly increase its bus fleet. The current fleet is composed of 615 vehicles and is spread over two sites: The Lebourgneuf transport centre or the Armand-Viau transport centre.
As part of the Sustainable Mobility Policy and its plan for a green economy, the Quebec government will only finance the acquisition of 100% electric vehicles by transportation companies starting in 2025. Transport companies are therefore preparing to gradually acquire and operate these recent-technology vehicles.
The services provided included:
Development and electrification project of the Newton Centre:
- Prepare a Functional and Technical Program (FTP);
- Produce two pre-concepts for the Newton Centre:
- Option 1: Pre-concept aimed at determining the operational capacity (in number of 40’ equivalent buses) that would be possible within the framework of a redevelopment of the existing building adapted to new needs.
- Option 2: Pre-concept to determine the real estate solution needed to achieve the objective of 180 40’ equivalent 100% electric buses.
Metrobus Centre expansion, redevelopment and electrification project:
- Prepare a FTP;
- Produce a pre-concept for the Metrobus Centre.
For both projects:
- Support and advise the Principle to plan, establish and then ensure the monitoring, respect and optimization of the authorized content, quality, cost and schedule parameters;
- Collect all the necessary information through meetings, workshops, surveys, analyses or other, allowing the realization of the deliverables respecting the established guidelines;
- Carry out the necessary studies and analyses;
- Make budget estimates, and design and construction schedules at each stage of each project and for each of the pre-design options;
- Develop sustainable development strategies;
- Participate in collaborative process, risk management and value analysis workshops;
- Any other task indicated in the tender.