Rhine-Rhône High Speed Railway – East Branch
The East Branch of the Rhine-Rhone HSR is a 190km high-speed line (350km/h) running between Mulhouse and Dijon, via Belfort-Montbéliard and Besançon.
Further work is in progress on Phase 2 to extend both ends of the line – 15km westward and 35km eastward – to provide direct links to Strasbourg and Mulhouse.
SYSTRA was involved in every phase of this 5-year project on the Rhine-Rhone HSR, from preliminary designs through to construction.
During the design phase, SYSTRA provided technical assistance to the Owner, and in particular was responsible for:
- Managing technical guidelines;
- Drawing up and managing work schedules;
- Coordinating project management activities;
- Coordinating the activities of other contractors providing assistance to the Owner;
- Producing technical analyses;
- Conducting third party inspections;
- Managing administrative issues;
- Providing tender assistance, awarding contracts and monitoring contractor activities;
- Keeping the Owner up-to-date with progress on the project.
During the construction phase, SYSTRA was in charge of:
- Track work: catenaries and work bases;
- Traction power: building electric traction stations and two sub-stations.
In addition, SYSTRA was jointly responsible for integration testing.