Support for Automotive Railcar Acquisition by Metrolinx
Provide support for the acquisition of diesel-fuelled railcars (DMU) for the new shuttle service between the downtown Toronto and the airport.
The support included: preparing technical specifications, performance simulations, conducting risk analysis, preparing a mitigation plan, design review and qualification testing supervision on Metrolinx specific systems.
- Establish performance requirements;
- Define the equipment specific to Metrolinx;
- Prepare the technical specifications based on the joint acquisition with SMART (California);
- Validate performance simulations;
- Analyse braking distances;
- Risk analysis and mitigation plan.
- Design reviews on platform door system on-board equipment, on track circuit assistant system and on end of line protection.
- Supervise qualification on track circuit assistant system, end of line protection and track worthiness analysis and testing.