Track Construction for SFPPN – Site Supervision
As part of the capacity increase project of SFPPN, SYSTRA Canada carried out several mandates for engineering services and site supervision for the construction of additional tracks in the Pointe-Noire marshalling yard.
The studies performed by SYSTRA Canada included:
- Feasibility study for the expansion of the port terminal;
- Capacity assessment study of the railway facilities;
- Detailed engineering for the construction of new tracks;
- Support for the procurement of rail materials;
- Track construction supervision.
The following work was carried out by SYSTRA Canada:
- Identify the rail facilities required to transport ore for three operators;
- Define different operating modes for rail operations and their theoretical capacity through dynamic simulations;
- Recommend improvements to the cycle time;
- Prepare plans and specifications for the construction of the new tracks;
- Validate the specification and quantities of track material tenders;
- Supervision of rail construction work, including daily reports and material management.