Freight & Mining
Since 1991, SYSTRA Canada has developed a specific expertise adapted to the rail freight and mining sector based on its knowledge of North American heavy rail standards and practices. We are the preferred rail partner of the mining industry, thanks to our appreciation of the CAPEX and OPEX impacts of the solutions we propose.
Rail Transport for Heavy Freight and Mining Sector
SYSTRA Canada (formerly CANARAIL) offers a comprehensive range of services for the planning, engineering, implementation and operation of mining and freight railways.
1. Scoping, Pre-feasibility and Feasibility Studies
- High-level scoping studies;
- Detailed investment grade studies;
- Long-term investment optimization;
- Investment evaluation and assessment.
2. Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management Services
- Conceptual design of railways;
- Alignment optimization for cost reduction and operational efficiencies;
- Detailed design;
- Contracting strategy services (tendering, evaluation and award);
- Construction supervision;
- Full EPCM contracts.
3. Technical Services
- Increasing railway capacity (track and bridges) and axle loads;
- Inspection and audit services;
- Rolling stock and workshop planning;
- Design and specifications;
- Planning and engineering of railway signalling and telecommunications systems;
- Development of maintenance and engineering systems and manuals;
- Assessment of existing operations with the objective of reducing OPEX by optimizing the use of existing assets.
4. O&M Engineering
- Capacity planning and analysis;
- Rules development;
- Railway safety audits;
- Strategic transportation planning;
- Operational support;
- Asset management strategy;
- Training and technical assistance;
- Organizational reform;
- Market and traffic assessment;
- Railway service costing and tariff setting.