SYSTRA Canada’s (formerly CANARAIL) reputation with respect to rolling stock is based on more than 200 projects completed since 1990. These include projects for passenger, freight and mineral railways in Canada and around the world for locomotives, wagons, passenger cars and rail-bound maintenance-of-way equipment.
SYSTRA Canada provides a unique set of rolling stock-related services, from engineering to management of procurement and execution of refurbishing and rehabilitation programs.
We provide turnkey solutions, including the preparation of technical specifications, management of tenders, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations and assignment, manufacturing supervision, supervision of factory and site tests and operating strategies.
Expertise in rolling stock
- Design and technical specifications of rolling stock
- Bidding services and inspection
- Locomotive maintenance based on reliability
- Management of workshops
- Design and planning workshops
- Management systems fleet maintenance equipment
- Technology assessment
- Delivery of overhaul/refurbishing programs under EPC(M) mode
SYSTRA Canada has also developed a renowned expertise in the rehabilitation of existing rolling stock and takes on “turnkey” prime contracting roles.