RTL Awards a Mandate to Support the Electrification of the Vieux-Longueuil Operations Center
The SyBEL consortium, composed of SYSTRA, BPA, Exp and Lemay, has been mandated by the RTL to carry out an electrification project for the VLMC.
The SyBEL consortium, composed of SYSTRA, BPA, Exp and Lemay, has been mandated by the Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL) to carry out an electrification project for the Vieux-Longueuil Maintenance Centre (VLMC). This project is part of the Quebec government’s sustainable mobility policy.
The mandate is divided into two phases:
- During the first phase, the consortium will carry out a preliminary study and a preliminary concept covering all of the interventions required to implement the recharging infrastructures for 280 buses. This phase also includes an outdoor shelter for 25 electric buses.
- The second phase consists of the realization of the plans and specifications for the outdoor shelter, as well as its construction. This pilot project will allow for a performance evaluation of the charging process in a Northern context. This phase also includes the upgrade of the electrical entrance while taking into consideration the future demand.
SYSTRA Canada will take advantage of its past experience in various electrification mandates to undertake the following tasks:
- Technological monitoring of charging equipment and rolling stock;
- Simulation of flows and constraints related to bus movements inside the garage, both for nominal and degraded operating modes;
- Estimation of power demand and energy consumption;
- Case studies of charging management system implementations;
- Dimensioning of the emergency power supply.