SYSTRA Canada’s (formerly CANARAIL) Electrification teams are experienced at providing technical solutions that are specifically adapted to the needs of railway operators, taking into account users, operating plan, commercial speed and the types of available power supply.
Throughout a project, from the initial design phase to commissioning and operation, SYSTRA Canada’s experts strive to provide cost effective solutions to the operator.
Expertise in Electrification
SYSTRA Canada has a highly-qualified team of engineers with extensive experience in electrification systems (power traction sub-stations, catenary and overhead contact systems (OCS), SCADA), suitable for light-rail, heavy-haul, freight and high-speed lines.
Engineering Services for Electrification
SYSTRA Canada’s expertise in electrification covers a large range of services, from initial techno-economic studies to operating and maintenance plans, which include:
- Feasibility studies, technical analysis for suitable electrical system architecture and cost analysis;
- Preliminary engineering and detailed design solutions for power traction substations and overhead contact systems for all types of railway lines;
- Phasing plans to electrify existing railway lines with minimum operational interruptions;
- Procurement, bid evaluation, construction supervision and commissioning;
- Planning and management of maintenance programs for electrical installations, including substations, catenary infrastructure, and workshops;
- Inspections, technical assistance and rehabilitation plans.